Faith vs Fear

Faith vs Fear

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Military Mom Whining

Jeff, in Chicago, when he graduated from Basic Training

Sailor Jeff's birthday was last week, and I'm missing him. He has a very lively, fun-loving personality; I even miss him teasing me.

Most of the time I can handle having my sons deployed, but every once in a while I get terribly lonely for them. Thank goodness for modern technology! I can't imagine what it was like before the miracles of the Internet and other technology. (Actually, I can. Jon was deployed to the Gulf in 1998 before I had access to the Internet; it was miserable.) I have been following Twitter and listening to the captain's recorded message.

It all helps, but what I really want is another e-mail from Jeff. I know he's fine, but . . . Part of it is that I know they had port call in Japan where my brother is, and I'm dying to know if they were able to connect.

I can be patient about some things, but this one is hard for me. I have to keep reminding myself that he's a big boy, he's fine, likely having a great time in port, and I'll hear about it when he has time.

4 comments:

  1. I understand. I really missed being picked on by my fun-loving son too! Hope you hear from him soon:)
    Hang in there & blessings,
    Aimee
    PS: And a Happy (those slightly belated) b-day to the b-day boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sally, I understand. I think of my dad telling me about how much letters meant to him when he was in WW II when we use to watch MASH together.

    Then I think about going to college in the 80s and every night the line by the pay phone of girls waiting to call their boy friends...

    Isnt' modern technology wonderful?

    Happy belated birthdday to another fellow Virgo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the service of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! I truly appreciate the support and friendship offered. It really helps to know I can whine and be understood.
    Susan, he's actually a leo; August 12.

    Thanks for the birthday wishes. I'll pass them on when I hear from him.:) Have I mentioned it's driving me crazy not hearing from him?! But I know he's all right because I see his comments to his sweet wife on Facebook. She undoubtedly misses him even more than I do.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! I'm so glad you dropped by. I'm always happy to hear what you have to say.