Faith vs Fear

Faith vs Fear

Sunday, August 15, 2010

I'm Back!

from my trip to Spokane; it was wonderful and very memorable. I have been really busy catching up on regular work assignments and starting to transcribe tapes of interviews, but I plan on going into more detail about it soon. David has become fairly comfortable with me going to visit my family in Idaho, but this one was tougher on him because I was by myself for part of the time in an area that he is unfamiliar with. He went fishing again with Shannon, and spent Sunday with his mother. He said he had a major anxiety attack when he came home to an empty house (except for the dogs and cat), and had a meltdown on the Monday I was gone. By the time I came home, he was doing better, but it took him a few days to work through his mood. He was a bit short and critical, but since that was all it was, I can deal with that.

This past weekend we went with some members of our ward (church congregation) to an overnighter in one of the local canyons. We've been asked to help out with organizing and carrying out ward activities, and it is just the right assignment for David. It lets him be involved with others, but focused on what he's doing so that he doesn't feel overwhelmed by a lot of people. There were a number of old friends that we hadn't been able to visit with for several months, and he had a good time talking and laughing with them. We also went on a hike with 2 other families there; the scenery was spectacular. It was a good weekend to be together and to visit with friends.


Some of the sites we saw in Little Cottonwood Canyon



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that canyon (it's the one leading to Snowbird, right?) Oh---you are so making me want to be in Utah right now!!
    Glad you are home safe and sound:)
    Blessings,
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a beautiful canyon; yes it's the one leading to Snowbird. We hadn't been there for a long time and were blown away again by the beauty. The wildflowers were still in bloom, but they were probably at their peak a week ago.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! I'm so glad you dropped by. I'm always happy to hear what you have to say.